Did you know that 77% of people use IT (information technology) everyday?
ITQ is a new qualification based on today’s most widely used software packages: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and more.
There are three ITQ streams, each geared towards different levels of experience. You’ll be assessed to determine the level that’s right for you.
BASIC IT is designed for students who have very little or no experience using computers.
ITQ Entry Level 3 is designed for students who have more familiarity using computers.
ITQ Level 1 is designed for students who are comfortable using computers day-to-day, but want to learn how to use computers in an office environment
ITQ Level 2 is designed for students who are more advanced experience using computers, but would like to become familiar with more advanced software aspects.
IT Professional Level 2 Installation & configuration, fault finding, maintenance, basic systems support for hardware and software, being safe online, customer service and the fundamentals home computer networking.
We have weekend and evening classes available.
This course is fully funded for:
- Candidates claiming JSA or in receipt of income support.
- Candidates are 19+
City and Guilds
- Introduction to Computers
- Common computer terminology
- Computer performance and features
- Computer operating systems
IT User Fundamentals
- Logging on and off computers
- File management
- IT equipment
- Inserting text, formatting text, Inserting images
- Editing a document
- Setting margins
- Entering basic data, inserting/ deleting rows and columns
- Formulas – Totalling, IF functions, etc.
- Sorting and filtering
- Images, Auto shapes
- Text Boxes
- Slide Management
Internet and Web
- Using the Internet
- Using e-mail
- Introduction to computer security and privacy
- Protecting yourself and your family from security threats
- Keeping your computer secure and updated
- Common features and commands
Understanding of Microsoft Office products