MBA (Marketing Pathway)
In proud partnership with Staffordshire University
You’ll develop the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills you need to analyze and produce a broad range of discourse in a full spectrum of careers — and to make a difference in whatever you do.
KEY COURSE INFORMATION
CECOS College London
Full-time, September Start
School of Justice, Security and Sustainability
Develop and master core competencies in support of your management and leadership ambitions. The Staffordshire University MBA is designed to accelerate your professional and personal development and to contribute to the journey of being the best you can be.
From risk management to leadership and performance, this course will help develop the core competencies required to succeed.
To reach your potential, we know you need to understand more than theory alone. That’s why we’ll challenge you to think on your feet, consider the challenge of different organisational contexts, and act as consultants to a real-life start-up business.
You’ll be taught by a team of senior academics and professional practitioners with years of experience. They’ll share insights into the industry to help you develop a problem and practice-based approach.
By the time you graduate, you’ll have grasped skills you need to succeed as a leader, senior manager, marketer or entrepreneur.
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following award: MBA Business Administration.
Summary of Distinctive Features
- Provide a stimulating learning experience and environment that offers cutting edge experience for students to develop their potential to become outstanding graduates and business practitioners within an international business community.
- Develop students who have a critical awareness of International Business issues, can articulate this awareness with respect for others cultural differences, are willing and able to embrace change and are focused on their achievements.
- Foster an academic community which promotes lifelong learning, supported by research and practice and problem based informed teaching and learning.
- Support flexible learning with technologies to reflect and anticipate student needs.
- Provide stimulating and challenging learning opportunities and work-related experiences to enable full simulation and/or utilise students existing or previous experience.
- Provide a coherent, clearly defined programme of study of international business organisations and their management, encompassing the broadening scope of organisations in the context of increasing change and complex societal and environmental demands within the context of international businesses.
- Provide a learning experience that reflects the importance of, and celebrates diverse communities and enables inclusivity of all those wishing to engage in learning and development.
- Provide a programme of timely assessment and feedback which enables students to become self-aware, reflective and independent learners; partners in, contributors to and co-owners of their development and life-long learning and success.
- Provide a programme of development that inspires and interests’ students to develop a passion for their subject and for learning and to encourage further development and study in an international context.
- Provide an opportunity for full time students to have a real experience through a managed and supported year-long work placement programme or shorter work experience, and through application of principles, models and theories within real-life settings.
Course Outcome & Aims (MBA-L7)
|Programme Outcome:||University Outcomes||Mapped Core Modules|
Demonstrate a systematic awareness, understanding and knowledge of contemporary management & leadership issues in both a local & global context
|Knowledge & Understanding|
Demonstrate intellectual and entrepreneurial skills in the problem/practice-based application of management & leadership competencies, together with a practical understanding of how established management & leadership techniques are applied in contemporary business applications
Demonstrate the ability to learn and to take responsibility for continuing career development. Contextualise, analyse and learn from experience or simulated environments taking both local & global perspective on contemporary developments and research in management & leadership
Generate innovative and enterprising approaches & solutions to management & leadership challenges which inform decision making in effective business risk management
Devise and apply valid problem/practice-based evaluation and investigative techniques to interpret complex business challenges and propose solutions. Demonstrate understanding of selected investigative techniques within contemporary business paradigms
Demonstrate a conceptual understanding and critical awareness of contemporary developments in management & leadership. Evaluate the rigour and validity of evaluation and relevance to contemporary issues in management & leadership
Articulate complex business information, situations & scenarios based on critical awareness & knowledge, adapting to different audiences, circumstances & feedback using a variety of communication tools & approaches
Reflect on and demonstrate development of the underpinning management & leadership competencies to enhance employability and/or career advancement in positions of management & leadership
Practice Based Learning
Practice Based Learning is based on you experiencing the learning curve through applying your knowledge by completing a knowledge exchange project in conjunction with a range of stakeholders.
Teaching and Learning Methods
We know that everyone learns differently. So, not only do we use traditional ways of teaching like lectures, we also use problem-based learning to help you apply your skills.
The curriculum will develop and evolve so that knowledge and skills learned in modules will be transferred, re-applied and developed in related modules at higher levels. You will be guided through your studies through a teaching support network of module tutors, personal tutors, award leaders and supporting academic and managers, and dedicated and involved support and pastoral staff. Learning and teaching will be an enriching experience for you that reflects the value the school places on effective, innovative and research informed teaching. Learning and teaching will foster your critical intellectual development and the business capabilities required to engage in contemporary organisations.
In your learning situations you will be acting in partnership with module deliverers and facilitators who, through a programme of study designed to develop an evolving body of knowledge and portfolio of skills will be:
- Encouraging active learning and a confidence to learn.
- Making explicit the skills to be developed through the curriculum.
- Stimulating intellectual curiosity and excitement in learning through engagement with up-to-date and contemporary, well researched subjects.
- Encouraging critical reasoning about the world of business to achieve well informed judgements and conclusions
- Challenging and shaping new learning experiences and opportunities through application of research informed pedagogy.
And you will be:
- Engaging with complex, challenging problems and real-world issues.
- Proactively using available resources, technical, digital and paper-based to address problems, construct solutions and identify new topics for research.
- Engaging in constructive reflection on learning and new ideas.
- Communicating and sharing with others in effective teams and collaborative activities, demonstrating a sense of community through active involvement with individuals and groups from differing backgrounds, communities and value systems.
- Expected to study independently.
- Working with others on group work.
- Assigned a supervisor to support you throughout your final project.
- Supported through our Virtual Learning Environment, called Moodle. This means you can access a range of materials to support your lectures wherever you are.
From written assignments to presentations, we’ll assess your learning using a range of techniques.
For example, you’ll demonstrate your skills in oral viva exams. This type of assessment is designed to test your ability to think on your feet and quickly make decisions.
You’ll also carry out a final project where you’ll apply your management and leadership competencies to a real business challenge, draw meaningful conclusions and suggest constructive recommendations.
Support for Learning
- A comprehensive induction introducing new students to the subject, to the course and to the college facilities: e.g. Learning Resources, staff & Student Support
- College and Programme Handbooks available in print and electronic format
- Personal and academic support integrated into teaching provided by approachable lecturers and a personal tutor who monitors performance
- Study and research skills integrated into the programme
- Written electronic assignment feedback, within three weeks of assignment submission
- Up-to-date computing facilities and a modern, well-equipped Learning Resources Centre
- Virtual Learning Environment (MOODLE)
- Access to higher education specific academic support sessions
- Access to Student Support for students with welfare, financial or counseling needs
- Access to Learning Support for students with educational needs.
- Access to careers advice and support
- Regular one-to-one tutorials.
- Study skills (including reading, note-taking and presentation skills)
- Academic writing (including how to reference)
- Critical thinking
- Revision, assessment and exam skills (including time management)
Units Details- MBA (Marketing) Pathway (Full Time)
For this course, you’ll complete six core modules that build your leadership profile, boost your knowledge of risk management and performance techniques, and develop your understanding of marketing strategies.
You’ll also complete optional modules that are relevant to your career goals and pathway. For example, you might work with a local enterprise to create a business plan to build your leadership skills and test your entrepreneurship qualities. Or you might practice your management skills in a financial management situation.
We’ll also put your ability to cope under pressure to the test in a final project. You’ll pick a subject that demonstrates your skills and prepare a 15,000-word dissertation on the topic. This piece of work can be further developed into a doctorate if you want to take it further and Staffordshire University offers the DBA route as well as the PhD.
The modules have been completely updated and reflect current themes in management and marketing practice. Graduates will leave the university with a high level of digital literacy allowing them to use and manipulate data to maximise business opportunities as well as the skills to develop collaborative relationships.
The list below provides an indicative list of the modules that make up the course for the current academic year. Each module is worth a specified number of credits. Our teaching is informed by research, and modules change periodically to reflect developments in the discipline. We aim to ensure that all modules run as scheduled. If for any reason a module cannot be run, we will advise you as soon as possible and will provide guidance on selecting an appropriate alternative module.
|Compulsory Modules||Modules Unique to Marketing Pathway|
|TB1||Innovation & Entrepreneurship|
|Cross Cultural Management & Leadership|
|Global Digital Marketing Decisions|
|TB2||Strategy for Value Creation|
|Risk Management for Sustainable Business|
|Contemporary Digital Marketing Strategy|
|TB3||Intensive Week (Research Methods and Presentation)|
Dissertation in Marketing (60 credits)
Resources Available To Students
CECOS College London offers a range of support and resources from the start of your programme, these are as follows:
- Information, advice and guidance from the first point of contact all the way through certification and progression.
- Learning support and disability support.
- Enrichment training to allow you to achieve all of your personal and professional goals.
- An integrated e-portfolio system which includes a virtual classroom.
Entry Requirements (UK qualifications)
This course has been developed for professionals from any discipline who are looking to advance in their current role or enhance their career to progress into senior management and leadership roles.
You will have achieved an honours degree with a minimum 2:1 in any discipline from a recognised University/HE institution along with one year of relevant work experience.
You’ll be taught by an expert teaching team whose expertise and knowledge closely match to the content of the modules on the course.
We know that it’s important for you to be able to gauge your progress. For that reason, your tutor will give you feedback on any practice assessments you do.
We usually give you feedback on formal assessments within 20 working days. The format will vary for each module.
The Staffordshire Graduate represents a set of qualities that the University passionately believes is necessary for success in the 21st century. The Staffordshire Graduate is a reflective and critical learner with a global perspective, prepared to contribute in the world of work.
After completing the Staffordshire MBA, you’ll be equipped to take on a variety of management and leadership positions in a range of fields including:
• Marketing management
• Accounting and financial management
• Human resource management
Graduates from this course now work at Harley-Davidson, Airbus, Corus Hotels, British Telecom Global Service, IBM, Expedia, Adelphi Research and the ACH Group.
The students after successfully completing the course can further progress to DBA /PhD.
All students have access to Career Connect through SU dedicated careers team.
How to Apply?
Describe yourself briefly, and we’ll assist with the rest. It takes about 10 minutes to complete our handy online application process.
An admissions professional will get in touch with you when you submit your application and assist you in finishing the procedure.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.