Functional Skills English
Why do this course?
Make sure your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills are up-to-scratch for the workforce.
Both courses also include employability units to further help and support your employment prospects.
What is the course length?
The standard course is 12 weeks, one day a week, with a weekend option 10am-1pm or 6pm-9pm.
We also have an intensive option which is six weeks long.
What does the course consist of?
- Text focus: Improving reading comprehension skills
- Sentence focus: Understanding grammar and punctuation usage
- Word focus: Vocabulary, word recognition and phonics
Speaking & Listening
- How to speak to communicate
- Engaging and contributing to discussions
- Listening and responding
- How to construct sentences
- Understanding the alphabet
- Correct spelling
What levels are available?
- Entry levels (1, 2 and 3),
- Level 1 and Level 2
Our team will assess which level course you should join.
The awarding body is NCFE.
This course is fully funded for:
This course is Fully Funded for unemployed individuals in receipt of benefit and employed individuals, providing you:
- are aged 19+ prior to 31st August 2022
- must not have previously attained a GCSE grade A* – C or grade 4, or higher
How to Apply?
Describe yourself briefly, and we’ll assist with the rest. It takes about 10 minutes to complete our handy online application process.
An admissions professional will get in touch with you when you submit your application and assist you in finishing the procedure.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.