If you need any advice then please contact Emma Buhtina at email@example.com to book an appointment.
CECOS is a friendly, open and inclusive college and we are proud of the learning support we offer.
We encourage all students to disclose learning difficulties and disabilities so that we can openly discuss these with your tutors and assist you in the best possible way. We also deliver workshops, study materials and personal support to maximise your potential to become an active, engaged and independent learner.
The Student Support Centre is your first port of call for all questions, help or advice throughout your time at CECOS College, providing you with the support you need to be successful in your studies and beyond.
The Centre is staffed by your Welfare Office who is able to advise you or point you in the right direction for a range of academic and non-academic issues, including:
- Module and programme advice
- Timetable queries
- Coursework and exams queries
- Extenuating circumstances
- Financial support (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Disability assistance
- Placements (you will be directed to a Placement Coordinator)
- Welfare and wellbeing (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Transfers, suspensions and withdrawals
- Academic Engagement
- Appeals and complaints
- Academic study support
Next time you need any advice then please contact Emma Buhtina at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
- For students on accredited courses with a learning difficulty, we may be able to offer one-to-one support
- If you are in crisis and need to talk to us we may be able to arrange support and a referral to local counselling services. This can help you to stay on a course and complete it successfully.
We offer students a range of interactive workshops, one-to-one tutorials and drop-in sessions delivered by experienced lecturers.
Our team also provides guidance to maximise your reading, writing and thinking and the functional skills team can deliver tailored support to refresh and improve your numerical, mathematical or statistical knowledge.
In addition we provide specialist study materials through our online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Moodle site.
At CECOS we keep class sizes low so that you have plenty of face-to-face contact with your teachers. Many of our teaching and lecturing staff are PhDs and experts in their field. These achievements are borne out by exceptionally high pass rate the College.
We pride ourselves on being able to provide you with the latest technology and IT equipment.
You can access:
- PC’s complete with up-to-date software packages
- Laptops, iPads and other mobile devices
- Free WiFi
- Your own email account
Our Team provides help in the following areas:
- Study skills (including reading, note-taking and presentation skills)
- Written English (including punctuation and grammatical accuracy)
- Academic writing (including how to reference)
- Research skills
- Critical thinking and understanding arguments, revision and assessment skills
If you need a little extra support, we are here to help you. We can provide you with information and advice on a variety of topics, including:
- Applying for jobs and going for interview
- Finding out about further study and finance for Higher Education
- Identifying possible sources of alternative funding for your studies
- Locating external sources of specialist help?
We support current students, students enrolled from the previous academic year, and prospective students referred by a member of staff.