Awarding Body: ATHE
Provider Name: CECOS College London
This qualification sits within a suite of ATHE L3 qualifications, and has a credit value of 60.
Aims of the qualification
This qualification is applied learning, integrating knowledge and understanding with the development and application of skills. It is designed to provide opportunities for learners to acquire a range of knowledge and understanding about business and to apply the knowledge and understanding by demonstrating skills in business. In this way learners will undertake assignments that are directly related to business activities enhancing their understanding of the world of business.
Mode of delivery
- Full–time (blended), Classes are conducted two days a week
This qualification is designed for learners who are typically aged 16 and above.
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above or Grade 4 and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualification
For those whom English is not their first language, the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification:
- IELTs 5.5
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or abov
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 42-49
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
On successful completion of the ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Business (RQF) learners may progress to:
- Qualifications at level 3 or 4 specialising in specific areas of business e.g. qualifications in marketing, finance, operations, management and leadership
- Business qualifications at level 4 and above or University Degrees
- RQF qualifications in business and business-related subjects at level 4
- Employment in business
- Self-employment or setting up own business.
- Fully funded for people who meet the eligibility criteria.
Learners need to complete 4 mandatory units.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Level||Credit||GLH|
|M/507/2220||How Businesses Operate||3||15||90|
|K/507/2152||Marketing Principles and Techniques||3||15||90|
|M/507/2153||Academic and Research Skills for Business||3||15||90|
|T/507/2154||Communication Skills for Business||3||15||90|
1- How Businesses Operate
The key features of an organisation and their importance are explored, including finance, leadership, HR, marketing, managing data and customer service. Module will be assessed through assignments
2- Marketing Principles and Techniques
An introduction to marketing is provided, followed by a look at research, analysis and promotional techniques. Module will be assessed through assignments
3- Academic and Research Skills for Business
This unit is for understanding ones own academic strengths and weaknesses and developing research papers using a variety of skills. Module will be assessed through assignments
4- Communication Skills for Business
A look at how communication is used in business and how ones own communication skills can be developed to effectively present information and ideas. Module will be assessed through assignments.