|Course Title:||Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning|
|Provider Name:||CECOS COLLEGE LONDON|
The objective of the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning is to develop learners understanding of the theory and practice involved in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective practitioner in the education sector. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of curriculum planning, effective performance, action research and development. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education and/or management.
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
- Student progression is supported both by subject tutors and also by central college services
- A comprehensive induction introducing new students to the subject, to the course and to the college facilities: e.g. Learning Resources, staff & Student Support
- College and Programme Handbooks available in print and electronic format
- Personal and academic support integrated into teaching provided by approachable lecturers and a personal tutor who monitors performance
- Study and research skills integrated into the programme
- Written electronic assignment feedback, within three weeks of assignment submission
- Up-to-date computing facilities and a modern, well-equipped Learning Resources Centre
- Virtual Learning Environment (MOODLE)
- Access to higher education specific academic support sessions
- Access to Student Support for students with welfare, financial or counselling needs
- Access to Learning Support for students with educational needs.
- Access to careers advice and support
- Regular one-to-one tutorials and target setting
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning qualification consists of 6 mandatory units, for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Lesson Planning (20 credits)
- Reflective Teaching (20 credits)
- Management of Class Dynamics (20 credits)
- Curriculum Design (20 credits)
- Integrated Education (20 credits)
- Technology in Education (20 credits)
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 Diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
English Language Requirement
Students are expected to be able to demonstrate English language comprehension at a level equivalent to IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.5 to be able to study Level 5 DET
The expectation of IELTS 5.5 (Reading and Writing must be at 5.5) applies to all students recruited to DET level 5 qualification. All students seeking admission to CECOS (including EU and Overseas) are asked to provide/undertake one of the following:
- Evidence that their command of spoken and written English is at IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) adequate for the programme of study for which they have applied. The expectation can also be met using other English language tests such as Pearson PTE, NCFE, City & Guilds, Cambridge and ESOL etc.
- Initial assessment of ICT & Maths as well as English at level 2
*All candidates will be required to attend an interview where your ability to undertake the course will be assessed.
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, and distance and online
- Avis J, Fisher R and Thompson R (eds). (2014).
- Teaching in Lifelong Learning: A Guide to Theory and Practice. Open University Press Beere J. (2010).
- The Perfect (Ofsted) Lesson. Crown House Publishing. Duckworth V, Wood, J, Dickinson J & Bostock J. (2010).
- Successful Teaching Practice in the Lifelong Learning Sector. Learning Matters: Exeter. Gadsby C. (2012).
- Perfect Assessment for Learning. Independent Thinking Press. Gould J. (2012)
- Learning Theory and Classroom Practice in the LLLS. Learning Matters. Gravells A and Simpson S. (2010).
- Planning and Enabling Learning in the Lifelong Learning Sector. Learning Matters: Exeter Petty G. (2009).
- Evidence-Based Teaching: A Practical Approach, Second Edition. Nelson Thornes. Powell S and Tummons J. (2011).
- Inclusive Practice in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Achieving QTLS), 1st Edition. Learning Matters. Wallace S. (2011).
- Teaching, Tutoring and Training in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Achieving QTLS), 4th Edition. Learning Matters.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning qualification enables Learners to progress into employment. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to relevant qualifications at higher level.
The tuition fee is £6,000.
Student Finance UK and EU students are entitled to student finance for the entire duration of the course to cover the cost of tuition fees and maintenance. For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/student-finance. For more information, please contact the admissions team at email@example.com or Tel: 020 7359 3316