There are around 700,000 autistic people in the UK – more than 1 in every 100. If you work with autistic people, or if someone you know is autistic, this course is a great way to increase your knowledge about the condition. You will learn about autism and how it can affect the ways people communicate, interact and process information. You’ll learn how to support autistic people to live healthy, fulfilled lives.
England (Distance Learning).
Available fully funded
- Learn how autistic people process sensory information
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in autistic individuals
- Understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism
- Learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism
- Learn how speech, language and communication may differ in autistic people
- Recognise how legislation and guidance underpins support
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old